Thread: Sick... AHHH!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-05, 06:09 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.

My research professor had a really nasty flu a week ago and he was out for a few days. I called him up and he said this was exactly what he was going though for a few days. The last few days I have been stuck in bed. Last night was horrible though.

I was feeling better so I decided to go to work. Things went downhill quickly and I ended up getting real hot real quick. After an 8 hour shift I was starting to get un corridinated and my body was burning up bad. My whole body was in pain, the kind of pain you get after a hard race. I got in my car and headed over to the ER because I was feeling so bad. On the way there I got pulled over, I guess I was swerving on the road, I do not remember that but... The officer called my parents to pick up the car and take me to the ER.

My temperature was 104 degrees, I was serverly dehydrated (even with drinking about 1 gallon of water). I was disoriented and stayed there for 6 hours with an IV. They said I had a very bad fever and the flu. I got a shot and they sent me home. I have been in bed all day, and said do not eat anything solid until tomarrow. The doctor said I should be back on the bike by Wednesday if I am feeling better.

I am glad I went to the ER, who knows what could have happened if I would have went home. Tonight I am feeling much better.