View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 07:46 PM
LatinoHeat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure which bike to choose.

I haven't ridden a bike for over 15 years. Not regularly, anyway. Back in the late 80's, early 90's, my bike of choice was a racing bike, a Tiger Veloce. It is a light weight bike with the spaghetti-thin tires. It was a really neat ride. I don't remember if my hands or rear hurt after long rides, as it was ages ago.
I also had a mountain bike, a three triangle frame GT Outpost. I loved that bike. I used it for my bicycle delivery job, since it could take more of a beating then the Racer.
I have used the GT here in Florida recently, and can't help but notice that my hands really hurt after riding it for a while. Granted, at 37, I am a bit older then I was when I used to ride it all the time. Plus, injuries to my hands (as a former alligator wrestler, I have been bit quite a few times, and my hands are not what they used to be) might be a factor.
So, now, my question is. I am not looking to ride the trails other then occasionally, if even that. I am not looking to race on the road either. I just want to ride for a while. Long distance riding, I guess. What I want to know is, what would you guys suggest I do? Put fatter tires and mod the road racing bike, or put slicks and mod the mountain bike? I am not looking for speed, just comfort, you know?