Old 05-07-10, 05:42 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
You can catch the Cherry Creek Trail just west of the Cherry Creek Bridge west of Franktown at Walker Road. I don't recommend riding on CO 86, however. This is dirt - you can park if you drive in, but a cement trail starts where Walker Road forms a cul-de-sac. SO, I would drive ther.

You can take the CC Trail north (or you can go south on Castlewood Canton Road to the State Park - short but pretty ride witrh a couple of hills, and real fun returning down the hills). The trail will eventually go through all the way to Castlewood Canyon SP. In the state park, it is terrible dirt corduroy.

Going north on the CC Trail, it is all cement - you may have to explore a bit to find the trail at a couple of cross sections - but it is there. At the Pradera Bridge, you can continue - the trail will have a sort-of gravel section, or take Bayou Gulch Road to Old Schoolhouse Road, then go for about a mile on a dirt road - easilt travelable on 700x25's past Choke Cherry Farm, then turn left on Scott Road, go across the closed bridge, and you once again catch the cement trail, which will take you north through Parker. If you don't mind Jordan Road a bit, continue across Arapahoe Road, and pick up the trail again just east of Jordan and Caley, where yo will be at Cherry Creek State Park. Go on the trail around the lake - either direction and you can pick up the trail just before it goes under I-225 and then you can head downtown to Confluence Park. This will be a fun and scenic ride. Also, Parker has several cross trails that are fun and excellent cement.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 05-07-10 at 07:02 PM.