Old 05-08-10, 11:19 AM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dr Gabe Mirkin uses an interesting setup for his wife Diane. It's a wide mountain bike bar with aero bars mounted on the ends. That puts her hands, (and aero bars), just slightly outboard of his hips, and he doesn't seem to have any problem mounting with this setup. I assume it's more for her comfort than anything else, but I'm willing to bet that it's more aero as well.

Pics are on the Panthers Tandem Club members page, then scroll down to the Mirkins.

There are also some pics of them riding this setup in the "Ride Pics" category.
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike