Thread: Me Too!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 10:11 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by cg1985
Recently was reading the topic "It's finally finished!" and saw someone commenting saying they appreciated the period correct-ish Fixies.

I wanted to say I also Recently 'Finished' my fixie.

I bought an Old Soma Sport 10-Speed. Not sure of the year of manufacture, but it's pretty old.

Initially, I simply stripped the bike of non essential parts, and used the old wheels and old cassette, and chose the best chainline for the bike and rode it as a single speed.

But recently I acquired a set of Soma Fab Somax wheels and a dura-ace fixed cog and turned it into a true fixed gear bike.

Currently, It still has both brakes, as I am still a fixed newbie, and I still might swap to the freewheel every once in a while, but the plan is to strip the rear brake and the old levers off and put on a single cross lever in the flats for the front brake.Here it is!

Took it on my first significant fixed gear ride today (about 15 to 20 miles or so) and it was a blast, really liking it. Took some pictures to send to soma, and then stripped the wheel stickers off after the pics.

Lemme know what you think!
Good plan, great job!
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve