View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 04:27 PM
Maddox
Ride heavy metal.

Bikes: '74 Raleigh LTD-3, '76 Motobecane Grand Jubile, '83 Fuji TSIII (customized commuter), '10 Mercier Kilo WT (fixed obsession), '83 Bianchi Alloro, '92 Bridgestone MB-1 (project), '83 Specialized Expedition (project), '79 Peugeot UO-8 (sold)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Boldly reviving the 3-Speed thread to introduce mine. I finished him a couple months ago and completely forgot to share him with C&V... I hope these photos don't turn out too big...

My candy-apple red 1974 Raleigh Ltd-3 - he's been give the name "Sir Walter" as a little play on words.

The only functional changes aside from flushing/regreasing hubs/bearings/headset, etc, was to put some new grips and new tyres on him and he's good to go. I decided to make him comfortable, so I ended up finding a mid-70's Brooks B-66 saddle on eBay, and throwing brass bell, NOS rear rack, and Wald basket on him so I could make him my grocery/errand bike.

But I think my favorite part is just the finish and feel of the cork grips ($10 Dimension cork grips, another eBay steal). They're cushy and smooth, and feel much better under the hands than the rougher rubber grips which it was equipped with.

A view of the cockpit:

To prevent inquiries - yes, I still have the chainguard, I removed it because it didn't effect my riding and I liked the look of the bike without it.

Last edited by Maddox; 05-11-10 at 05:40 PM.