View Single Post
Old 05-13-10, 01:26 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 74 Posts
Nicks and dings. I don't think the integrity of the frame is impaired. By any chance, is this on the chainstay, where the chain may have slapped the frame? There is such a thing as as a chainstay protector, which protects the chainstay from chainslap.

Nail Polish or Epoxy? Actually, you could mix Epoxy, and add a drop or two of colored nail polish, to match the color. You need some black and some blue, but I don't know what you are to do about the fade, white to blue. Epoxy would protect the carbon laminate. Of course, you could use "touch up" paint, or hobby (model airplane) paint , to tint the epoxy. It worked for me.

Here:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=10551&productId=1033566&cm_mmc=$(referrer)$-_--_-LIZARD%20SKINS-_-50-6559-NON-NON&CSE=GooglePS&mr:trackingCode=132ABC46-A681-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

I Googled "Chainstay Protector" for you. This one is leather, but you can get plastic too.