Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by 20grit
being a farmer (and architect of sorts, take your pick) ... i have to ask what makes you think an animal eating corn is bad? And when did organic meat mean that an animal can't eat a natural food source? I will guarantee that most animals, given the choice between corn or a similar food source will choose it over grass. It's instinct for the animal to go for a more efficient food source. Nothing more natural than instinct....

Substantiate your claims about organic meat vs non-organic (still a funny term to me. i guess my cattle and sheep are inorganic life forms) before spreading it where others may read it and take it to heart.
I was just looking into using CLA as a dietary supplement. All the sources I read say that it occurs naturally in meat, that grass fed ruminant has the highest concentration, though kangaroo meat has even more. So maybe there are other things going on in grass fed animals that you don't see in feedlot cattle?

We all prefer to eat fat and sugar for the same reason cattle like corn. As you say, it's efficient, but it doesn't mean it's good for us or for them.