View Single Post
Old 05-16-10, 01:50 PM
scale

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
finding a local riding group??

so.....i typically ride alone but im thinking if i can find someone that rides near my pace.....id be up for a group ride. Ive never really done it before. Ive ridden with 1 or 2 frients infrequently and typically it is too slow. The one guy i ride with has since gotten into a relationship...gotten lazy and thrown on about 30lbs. He has lost all interest. Just as well.....he typically would stop every time his cell phone would ring and talk to whoever it was for 15 - 20 minutes each time. NOT FUN....and most of the calls were his mom

anyway.....im thinking of getting into group riding if i can find some people. I see groups of 5+ riding by my place all the time but not sure how or where they meet up. They are usually in full gear, jerseys and full carbon bikes as well. Probably too fast for my blood. Im in love with steel.

IM thinking of posting on craigslist to find some group. I cant think of a better way to find one. Anyone have any ideas?

What i need is a site that has listings of group rides with pace and distance. That would be perfect.

How do you all find folks to ride with?