srracer

Bikes: CAAD8, Motobecane TT, Trek 6700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Central MA

Hello everybody,

I've been a lurker for over a year, but I figured it proper to introduce myself.

I bought my first road bike about 1.5 years ago - a 2007 CAAD9. It was very nice, though I truly didn't really start riding regularly until the end of last season. Then, over the winter I thought I'd try building up all my components on a 54cm frame (CAAD9 was a 56) to see if I liked the smaller frame a little better.. I found a 54cm CAAD8 and one thing led to another and I ended up building a complete 2nd bike. After one ride on it, I decided I did like the smaller frame a little more and sold the original.

Now, my goal this season is to ride to work (1/2 way for now) 2 times per week. Full ride to work would be ~35 miles one way down route 62 (Hudson to North Reading) so I drive to Concord in the morning and bike Concord to North Reading. Like I said - the goal is 2x per week. If I start getting quicker, then maybe I'll take on the full distance towards the end of the season.

I try to sign up for 1 or 2 triathlons per year as a target to keep me practicing. Right now, the running is my hardest leg, cycling is 2nd. I'd like the cycling to be as easy for me as the swim so that I can only worry about 1 of the legs. :-)

Anyways, thanks for all the information and if you're ever on Rt 62 in the morning or evening and see a red/black CAAD8 with 2 tailights and a headlight, that's me.

Thanks,
Chris