Old 05-17-10, 01:20 PM
opie

Bikes: 2012 Venge, 2011 Transition, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motobecane Fantom Cross CX

Ok.. I wasn't sure where to put this. I didn't want to intrude on another thread but pictures etc were asked for so here goes.

I put the post here b/c while it's a cyclocross bike I'm going to swap the tires to road tires as a "do it all" bike for me. Some commuting, road riding, maybe CX in the fall

I purchased a Motobecane Fantom Cross CX from bikesdirect.com. This is not about what's good or bad about them. I bought the bike b/c I thought it was a good price and I thought it would be fun to put it together to do some learning

First things first .. Instructions. I didn't find them to be that great (or even good). Seems like some stuff was left out of the instructions.

The front brake bracket that connects to the stem had no instructions about it. I had to take the bars back off after I put them on because of that but we're talking 10 minutes. I don't have a repair stand so that made it a little tougher. Just needed more than 2 hands.

I haven't tightened everything down yet and haven't adjust the derailleurs mainly b/c I don't know how. I've got a bicycle mechanic buddy who's going to show me how tomorrow. I've watched videos etc and been trying to adjust on my mtn bike but haven't gotten it right yet

Anyways.. Here she is all boxed up from UPS

and out of the box with all the stuff still wrapped up

box of goodies

Not a lot of putting together pics.. there's really not a lot to it

All together

Chainring

Rear Cassette and Derailleur

Bracket thingy I was talking about is at the top of this picture