Old 05-18-10, 10:05 PM
TXBDan

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX, Trek Checkpoint

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by thenomad
So are you saying that you've been looking at too large frames this whole time or that their bike fit is different? So they are listing the bike's size based on the top tube right?

Cool, I always need a shorter TT as well. I have a short reach and it is annoying to have to do short stems and compact bars.

If it fits great, hey, commute, race, ride the thing like heck, that's what it's there for! It's got room for big comfy touring tires for the commute if that's your style. I'm commuting on my Redline conquest with 700x25 road tires and it's a blast. I don't want to ride a slow bike every day.
Sorry, i was unclear in my excitement. I'm saying that every other bike brand i've tried (almost every one in Boston which is a lot) has had either a "square" geometry where the ST and TT are similar or a "long" geometry where the TT is longer than the ST. BTW, i rode a 2008 Conquest Pro and its TT was quite long.

The Ridley is the first bike i've come across with a TT shorter than the ST, and significantly so. It seems like they size they label a bike refers to its TT instead of ST. The 56cm Crossbow has a 56cm TT and a 60cm ST and seems to fit me well. The only con is its price, but it sure is pretty.