Old 05-23-10, 08:59 PM
Retired

Bikes: 1995 Raleigh, 1986 Nishiki Olympic 12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stringbreaker
Good on ya brother for helping out. Hard to find polite kids these days. Perhaps the non english speakin parents are a bit more strict with the discipline when it comes to their kids. I would make sure though to not have the kids and you alone at any time unless there is another adult there, or be sure to be in plain sight of the houses in the neighborhood and the parents are aware they are welcom anytime to come over to help or just be there, that way no unseemly accusations can be made. Thats a hard thing to think about when you are trying to be a nice person and help the kids but it wouldn't be the first time someone was falsely accused of something if one of the kids felt slighted. Investigators sometimes can lead a kid to a certain line of questions and the next thing you know you are in jail and have to defend yourself.

I'm well aware of that. That is why anytime I fix bikes for the kids I'm at the end of my driveway in full view of anyone on the street. Some of the parents come over with the kids. Good point.