Old 05-24-10, 07:36 AM
markdavid570

Bikes: Giant FCR 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back on the bike...

I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I posted a few times last summer, but then after getting married and dealing with the PA winter weather, I just didn't get around here much. Anyway, I'm a clyde. I'm 6'5 and as of this morning weighed in at 268 lbs. I'm built more like an out of shape ex-high school linebacker (even though I played soccer!). My brother's wedding is planned for October, so I want to look better in a tux than him! My goal is to get down to at least 250 by then, so hopefully I can commit to eating better and riding more (I blame Xbox Live and Call of Duty! j/k!)

Anyway, I went out for a couple rides back in early April, but then had minor knee surgery (had part of my right medial meniscus removed). It's been just over 5 weeks since my surgery and I went out for my first ride yesterday. It was only about 10 miles, but it felt good. My knee got pretty sore, but I haven't been doing my PT exercises as much as I should be! I tried focusing less on my overall speed and time, and focused more on maintaining a decent cadence...both for the cardio workout and for my knee.

Right now I have a Giant FCR 2, and I've only put just under 300 miles on it. I had originally planned to get a Trek 2.3 or something for this summer, but because of finances and because I'm just getting back out again, I think I'm going to stick with what I have and then look at road bikes early next year.

Well...I guess that's all for now. I can't wait to get more riding in this year, and I look forward to more great information and support from the forum!