Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
So we did some bigger climbs (at least for us) this weekend. Nothing that any of you mt climbing types would even breathe hard on, .

Haha, don't let any of the hardcore mtn goats fool you! Everybody breathes hard on any climb. Those that ride by with a smile are faking it!

Even a short climb (1/8 of a mile) will make me feel like I'm going to bust a lung. Like I've said a hundred times before, the body doesn't have a chance to warm up into the climb. For that reason, I feel much better after a couple miles of climbing, after I've had a chance to find a groove. One of the big reasons I try to talk new climbers into trying a long conssitent climb. Once you experience the feeling, you'll know what I'm talking about

Once you experience the feeling, you'll better understand why a short climb is tough. Buy you'll also understand that it's just a bump compared to your experience and if it were longer, you'd conquer it with a smile.

My wife is by no means a climber. But I've taken her up a mtn climb (8 miles/2200ft). She's not a happy camper at the start of the climb. I've been called all sorts of names up the first 2 miles. But I keep telling her that she will warm up into the ride. After mile 3, the names stop, at mile 4 the smile appears, at mile 6 the eyes sparkle, at mile 8 she's all smiles knowing she completed the climb pretty much with with ease once her body warmed up and found the groove. Then she's got a different and better set of names for me!