Old 04-21-05, 11:35 AM
Serpico
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sloppy robot
...does anyone else find it annoying when people start new threads to post their bike pics...
I can't stand vanity threads in general. I like the road forum, but it is the worst for this. People starting posts like "Hey, just wanted to let you guys know I got over my cold. I had a fever for the last 3 weeks" wtf??

I also notice that on the road forum there are 3-4 people that literally start several threads a day, and literally comment on each thread --they also spend $4k on their bike, but don't have a red star next to their name, even though they use the most bandwidth.

This forum (s/s fixed) is a bit more relaxed, and the vanity threads here are actually cool because most people get along, and people have a good sense of humor.

off topic, but the recumbent forum is the funniest... those guys HATE each other, constantly fighting, flaming each other, posting threads that diss each other... fscking hilarious. If you read the recumbent forums here, all the guys know each others aliases and post on other forums where they know each other, they start blogs to flame each other. It's pretty funny.And it's not just bikeforumsf.net, I went to cyclingforums and there was a post in their recumbent section from a non-recumbent guy basically saying "will you recumbent guys get the hell out of here and take your fights somewhere else".

rant over