View Single Post
Old 05-25-10, 11:20 PM
cleanupinaisle3
.;/.,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had to remount my Gatorskin after getting a flat today. They're a more difficult tire to mount, especially the Duraskins, but it wasn't too bad. Make sure when you roll the tire on that you slide the bead ALONG the rim, not into the rim. It helps to not hold the wheel vertically in front of you but hold it horizontally so that you're pushing "up" the rim. Try putting it on your lap or holding it against your chest if it helps. I find pushing directly along the surface of the rim ('up' the rim) especially helps with the last bit of bead that needs to be mounted.

And don't tell me you're serious about getting grease under your skin. You haven't rubbed all of the dermis yet, only the squamous epithelial keratinocytes on the surface of your skin, which are dead, by the way. Just clean it, dress it and bandage it if it hurts. People have lived through worse. I once accidentally tore all the skin off of my wrist on chainring teeth. And I mean all of it. Required a few stitches and you could see cartilage underneath. I'm lucky my hand still works.

I've had worse biking injuries, too. I'm missing my two front teeth at the moment. Bike accident when I was 8. Need a block bone graft now.

Last edited by cleanupinaisle3; 05-25-10 at 11:24 PM.