Old 05-27-10, 08:52 PM
webbrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What an inspiration!

This forum has been a Godsend for me. I'll keep my story short. I was an active individual through high school and even into my first couple years of college. I was a state champion wrestler in 1989 at 119 lbs (I'm 5'4"). After marrying in 1995 I just lost focus and forgot about nutrition and exercise. I've spent the last 15 years eating whatever I've wanted whenever I've wanted. I worked long, long hours and the stress and pressures of life wore on me. As of a month ago, I have HAD IT! I'm SICK to death of being fat! I'm TIRED of feeling terrible, taking pills, having NO energy. Last summer I participated in a couple of sprint triathlons that intrigued me into thinking I could actually become what I was before. This spring I set a goal to be WAY more active. I found that riding a bike evened the playing field. I'm kinda slow on the bike but NOTHING like I am on the run. I love to swim so that hasn't been a real issue. This summer I will be doing three sprint triathlons, and 2 century bike rides. I've decided that I'm not going to worry so much about the weight and just focus on eating better and staying active EVERY DAY! I started at 256 lbs. Remember, that's at 5'4" tall. I'm a big cannon ball. I'm now 244 and have a LOT of drive to continue this journey I've begun. If ya'll don't mind, I'd like to continue giving updates here to keep me motivated. Thanks for all the stories as they real motivate me to not give up. --Ryan