View Single Post
Old 05-27-10, 11:00 PM
gigemags1155

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need your Vet Opinions

Howdy! I am a roadie that is looking into getting a fixie for training purposes to gain strength and to get a better more fluid pedal motion. I understand it has become a main stream almost fad of late. I am really just looking at it for training purposes to make me a better rider on my road bike. I have seen it included as parts of training programs in a couple of books. Anyway... I don't really know what these bikes cost or are worth to be completely honest. Since this will not be a heavily used bike I am looking at used bikes and have done some digging through this forum which offers great information. The one thing in looking for these used I am unsure of what they should cost as I feel they have some "cool" factor built into the prices that I find on CL and Ebay. The LBS that I ride with made some calls to guys he knows and he found me a '06 Specialized Langster Pro for $475. It is pretty much stock except he put a carbon fork on it. It has dura race hubs which I believe were stock on the model etc. Can anyone tell me if this would be a fair/good deal on this bike? Thanks in advance.