Old 05-28-10, 09:59 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jaywbee3
OK, so I am almost 60, mostly bald, trim, with white hair and beard. It was in the 80s today and I did a grocery run, the long way, so it was about 15 miles round trip. I was wearing cotton shorts, not Lycra and polypro top. As I am locking up my bike a lady who I would guess to be in her 70s or 80s walks by and I thought she was going to complement me on trying to keep in shape, etc. Instead she gives me a look that I can only interpret as "You are so f---ing stupid I wonder how you find your way home at night!" She went into the store and I did not see her again. I was downwind, wearing clean clothes, and trying to look presentable. I hope it was something that she had for breakfast that was giving her grief.
It may not be you she was thinking of as stupid, it was probably her dear old Frank, who let himself go, put on 75lbs and had a massive coronary in his late 40's, if he had ridden a bicycle he might have ended up in your kind of shape at 60 and still be knocking around, instead of occupying plot number BE22-47....