Old 05-29-10, 09:50 AM
nekohime
I... Don't care.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by folder fanatic
Thank you very much for your kind and generous thought. I think that just the postage alone would be prohibited in shipping even a tiny tube of paint over here. So I must decline. But that idea sparked a thought that perhaps I can save for & order it at a later date as another option open to me. It is almost summer here and I don't have to worry about bad weather (and rust) for a while now. So the little bike should be fine for a few months at least.

If I ever buy another Brompton, I will order the Raw Lacquer option at extra initial cost . Then paint will never be a problem again!

FF, I'm going to be ordering a spare brommie part from SJScycles soon, as I broke the handlebar catch (part that keeps the stem locked up so nicely when folded). If you want, I can get you a pot of touch-up paint for your red brommie too.

Originally Posted by invisiblehand
I just cover the scratch in a clear coat. But you are absolutely correct about how durable it is. Makes me wonder why polished nails break so often!
Yeah, this is what I do too, but now the scratches are bothering me so I'm actually gonna get the touch-up paint along with my parts order.