Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by raydog
Yeah, I can see the distinctions, I (in the short time I've really been immersed in bicycling (1 1/2 years) think the answer is.....just do the cycling stuff that turns you on the most then see which category fits most appropriately! I really don't yet know where I belong the most, so far it's a hybrid corner called "high speed, long distance, test yourself, touring" !
Raydog
The thing is, you don't have to pick one category ... you can do and enjoy many categories. I commuted by bicycle regularly for 6 years, and then occasionally after that. I've done some mtn biking, and would like to get into that a little bit more. I've ridden a couple recumbents, and they are on my wish list. I've owned and ridden a tandem, and Rowan and I have been talking about trying and then getting one for us. We're also considering a pair of folders. I raced for three years, and do a lot of road riding. I've toured fairly extensively. And I enjoy riding long distances.

Variety is the spice of life.

And when it comes to the forums, I'll participate in many different sub-forums. When I want to talk about touring, I'll go to the Touring forum. When I want to talk about road cycling in general, I'll go to the Road forum, and when I want to talk about riding a 300K randonnee ... I'll come to the Long Distance forum.