Old 05-31-10, 05:03 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by lumpytaters
Yes, two days later and it still feels good. And now I can even feel my junk again! At mile 45 I had to visually check to see if they were still connected, I had lost all feeling, which concerned me a bit. I really need to figure out how to keep that from happening again.
Thanks for all the encouragement, gentlemen. It's curious how non riders just don't understand,isn't it?
Congrats on the 60 miler but that's a major issue. You need to get a solution fairly quickly to avoid long term implications. It could be any number of things. Your reach to the bars could be too long (use a shorter stem), the saddle nose could be tilted upwards (level the saddle) or you might need an ergo saddle with the cutout (lots of saddle choices). It might take some experimenting but I can ride sitting down for 6+ hours and not have that issue so just standing occassionally might just not fix the root cause for you. It very well might take a little experimenting.