Old 05-31-10, 01:46 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nekohime
FF, I'm going to be ordering a spare brommie part from SJScycles soon, as I broke the handlebar catch (part that keeps the stem locked up so nicely when folded). If you want, I can get you a pot of touch-up paint for your red brommie too.

Yeah, this is what I do too, but now the scratches are bothering me so I'm actually gonna get the touch-up paint along with my parts order.
Hello Nekohime,
Before you place your order there, perhaps you should look here at NYCE Wheels over here for your part retailing at 12 US dollars-http://www.nycewheels.com/brompton-handlebar-catch-set.html. I have done business with this company already (I bought my Brompton book through them) and experienced no problems. Although the order did take some time as the publisher in the UK was slow in shipping the books over here.

Thank you for thinking of me. I guess I should be a bit more descriptive in what I am working on for the past year or so. I am in the final steps in finishing my online shop. This month (and into early next month of June) is concluding the final designs and construction of the bags. I cannot say more as I have to protect my designs for now. But I can show you something I have just finished for myself earlier this morning. I designed it for on or off cycle wear. I used the last bit of fabric left over from my Mother's Day present to my own mom for this. In the retail world, I usually found something like this:

Price: 200 dollars
Pant Front: 83% Polyester/17% Polyurethane
Pant back: 95% Polyester/5% Spandex
Liner: 80% Polyester/20% LycraŽ
20,000 / 18,000 mm laminate

My pants can be worn on or off the bikes. I always design for cyclists and non-cyclists alike. When I am with one of the bikes, I don't like to advertise I am using them when they are bagged (and my mother doesn't know how the ride bikes anyway). And I never could stand the padding that is placed in-um-certain body part areas where I don't want to call undue attention to as retail stores likes to do. The monthly allowance for myself will be going for the priority of finishing the bags for June. Then the Brompton will have it's paint in July. And you already have a sample of my work-in-progress (it's a final version or you would never have saw it). So, in all, I say everything is going smoothly! Again, a heartfelt thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by folder fanatic; 05-31-10 at 01:57 PM.