Old 06-01-10, 10:41 AM
Jerrys88

Bikes: 2016 Cannonade Synapse Carbon Ultegra 3, 2019 Fuji Touring, Dahon Formula S18, Fuji Touring Series III (bought new in 1980's, all original components, many, many great, memorable rides), Kickbike Sport Max

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Poison ivy on my bike I think - how do I clean it off???

Greetings, mountain bikers. I'm not a mountain biker - I commute to work on a road bike - but I need some help and think this may be my best bet place to ask this.

This weekend I developed two areas of what appears to be poison ivy - one on each arm. The strange thing is that in both places it appears as a raised LINE. It itches like hell - I am VERY sensitive to poison ivy. I couldn't figure out how the heck I could have gotten it. In my daily life there is only ONE place where I come in contact with plants, and that's on a very short shortcut I take through a small section of woods on my daily commute. When I mentioned it to a co-worked she pointed out that poison ivy grows low to the ground (not sure if that's correct) so, because I got it on my arms she thinks that I may have gotten it from handling the bike which itself got contaminated with the poison ivy oil. That makes a lot of sense to me because I ride a folding bike and the *lines* of poison ivy would be consistent with my skin rubbing against something protruding from my bike as I folded and lifted it into the trunk of my car at the end of my commute.

Anyway, my question is - how do I get poison ivy oil off my bike???