Old 06-01-10, 10:54 AM
Nota

Bikes: a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raybo
I'm on tour up the Atlantic Coast and am currently in Wilmington, NC going North. My original plan was to ride up the Outer Banks but knowledgeable locals have made a strong case for skipping the OBX and taking the inland route instead.

Does anyone here any suggestions of the Outer Banks verses inland, North Carolina?

Thanks,

Ray
Hey, Ray,

I thought I might run into you on my ride. It looks like you were about a week ahead of me. What route did you go with, OBX or inland?

I did the OBX - north to south route. The wind was rarely ever a factor -- almost no headwind, but never a tailwind. I managed to make it down the entire OBX and over to Cedar Island on my first day. The second day was slightly longer - 157 miles, from Cedar Island down to Wilmington (Wrightsville Beach).

I rolled into downtown Savannah,Ga, pedaling over the Hwy 17 bridge, on Friday afternoon. It was a great trip. The parts on Hwy 17, at least down into and through Myrtle Beach were kinda sucky, but from there to Charleston and from Charleston to Savannah, weren't too bad.

Hope you you had a good safe trip, too!

Nota