Old 06-03-10, 07:11 PM
Gimpdiggity

Bikes: Fuji SP-12S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Gimpdiggity what Bianchi did you take yours off of?
I will be absolutely honest...I have NO idea what model the bike is.

I got it from a girl that I work with. She was going to give it to me, but after I found not a single Bianchi in the same condition selling for anything even remotely close to "free" on Ebay, I gave her $40 for it. I had to get some new tires for it, but other than that it's in pretty great condition. Shimano components all around, 12 speeds, and in great mechanical shape. I didn't have to adjust anything on it at all...it just "worked." To make it all even better, the frame is EXACTLY the size that I need, according to measurements...and it feels like it fits as well.

She got it from her step-dad when he upgraded to some carbon-magnesium-plutonium-unobtanium bajillion dollar bike.

The frame says "Tange" on it, and it's got a "Made in Japan" sticker on it. The fork says "Mangaloy" on it. It was purchased from one of the more "high end" bike shops in my area.

From everything that I've found, it's pretty tough to tell the older Bianchis apart. The stuff on it looks to be like it's from the mid-late 80s, but she says that she remembered her step-dad purchasing it after she moved to the house she lives in now, and she moved there in 1992. So it's POSSIBLE that it's from the early 90s.

I'm going to take a stab and say it's a Limited model, but I'm not sure.

All I know is it rides like a dream...and for $90 total for the cost of the bike and the new tires, I think I got a pretty good deal.

The serial number on the frame is: KS544851

Any idea what year or model it might be?? It's kind of a blue-ish color.

Last edited by Gimpdiggity; 06-03-10 at 10:56 PM.