View Single Post
Old 06-04-10, 06:59 PM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Bicycle or Motorcycle,Which Is Safer????

In the last couple months, my wife has weened/steered/suggested/almost-ordered me to eased off the motorcycles, and on to bicycles. She is okay with the communting on the motorcycle, but roadracing bit she almost wants stopped. She made the point that my 6ft3in frame at 136lbs keeps on crashing on the racetrack, nothing will be left of me.

Now, looking at the bicycle, and I will just be communting and sport riding, no racing or any of the like, the protection is to say the least is VERY SCANT!! All I see is a HELMET!!

Now, I am a veteran of several 100mph+ motorcycle crashes on the racetrack, several high speed crashes on the street, and a couple below 50mph crashes on the street too. All of them, I come out UNSCATHED!! Why, because I wear FULL GEAR all the time plus a big dose of luck, and the blessing from above.

Not that I am looking to, but if I take a spill on the bicycle doing 20 mph, I am at the mercy of luck that I dont' get banged up pretty bad.

When I am roadracing motorcycles, I have full gear from head to toe, ditto for the street.

Will somebody tell me what is the secret of NOT GETTING HURT in a bicycle crash???