Old 06-04-10, 09:23 PM
Kylet5285

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fixed gear Freestyle build and questions

Hey everyone,

I just joined the forum but have been reading for quite awhile. I have been riding fixed gear bikes for about 8 years now. I commute to work here in Cleveland, OH, ride the metropark trails everyday, and overall can't seem to ride enough. Anyways, until now all of my builds have been very utilitarian and based around commuting and exercise functionality. But now I have the craving to freestyle. Similar to when I was in highschool a while back and would drool over dirt jumping bmx bikes with my buddy, wishing I could pull off the stunts the pros did.

So I have started a fixed gear frestyle bike build and I would love anyone's input and or criticism/help. The build is based off of Leader Bike's LD-729TRK V2 trickstar frame. It was the best frame in my mind for the money and one of the few freestyle frames made from someone as tall as me (6'2"). I would have loved to get a gorilla kilroy but, they just were too small.

SO with out further ado here are the components I have for the bike and I would like to hear any input or changes you would make. I am not opposed to selling any of these components and getting something different (except the frame or fork).
FRAME AND FORK
Leader LD-729TRK V2 Trickstar Frame 58cm
Leader V2 Trickstar Track Steel Fork

DRIVE TRAIN
Paul Components Road Crank 39t
Surly Lockring
Surly 17t cog
Spank Tweet-Tweet 1/2 link Chain
Compagnolo Veloce BB 68x111m

HANDLEBAR, HANDLEBAR ACCESSORIES, HEADSET, AND STEM
Spank Tweet-Tweet Handle Bar
Leader Trickstar Stem
Cane Creek S8 headset
Animal Edwin Grips
Animal handlebar butt ends

FRONT BRAKE
Odyssey M2 Trigger Brake Lever
Paul Components Racer Center Brake

PEDALS AND PEDAL STRAPS
DMR V8 platform Pedals
Holdfast Pedal Straps

RIMS, HUBS, AND TIRES
All-city Free Track Hubs Front and Rear
Velocity Deep-V front rimMS
Velocity B-43 Rear rim Non-MS
Kenda Kourier Tires (low-end tires until i figure if i want to run 35s, 38s, or 40s)

SEAT POST AND SADDLE
Thompson Elite Seatpost
Stelle Italia Turbo Saddle

I hope I did not forget anything. Thanks for your help, input and time. I will reciprocate the help on matters more in my "realm of knowledge" (ie commuting and exercise fixed gear bikes)

Oh yeah... Quite O' bit of beer to help with frustration as I inevitably will jack something up while building and tuning.

any lakewood/CLE riders we should start a new ride night this summer. How does thurs 7 or 8pm sound?

Last edited by Kylet5285; 06-04-10 at 09:33 PM.