View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 02:34 PM
jack85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - the Trek suspension seems really innovative. After reading a lot more I'm thinking about passing on both these trail bikes and go for the entry-level Trek Remedy in 6 or so months time when summer arrives around here (and hopefully then I'll have the financial means by then lol).

And about the Felt ... I'm still confused as to why the rear derailleur shifting is messed up. I was just walking the bike off the train and was horrified to discover that the shifter line that runs to the rear derailleur was completely detached from the actual shifter also from the guides on the downtube, just hanging there loose like the wire on a fishing rod, and the wire is now slightly bent after i got it "fixed". Not sure how that happened but I'm thinking the wire somehow found it's way over the reflector* and got snagged then ripped right off with brute force.

Took it to the bike shop but still it refuses to shift and sometimes makes terrifying crunching sounds. Most likely I'll completely total the bike by 6 months and sell the surviving components...

*Bikes are not street legal here without a front reflector attached which i reckon is really stupid since lights are required at night anyway.

Last edited by jack85; 06-07-10 at 02:43 PM.