Old 06-07-10, 02:56 PM
nwmtnbkr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by invisiblehand
Whoops ... just saw the other thread below. ... I saw the reference regarding HD inside the thread. But I'm not sure whether the extra picture quality is worth it.
You might not need HD, but it's getting harder to find cameras that don't have HD (you can always choose to shoot at a lower resolution). Image stabilization is extremely important. I tried a Kodak Playsport but wasn't happy with image stabilization. (Mine also had several defects so I returned it.) I now have an Olympus Stylus Tough and am impressed with its dual image stabilization; it's both mechanical and via software in the camera. It's eliminated camera shake. I've got mine mounted on the handlebars with a Velbon quick release system on the bike and camera that makes it easier to get the camera off the bike to shoot stills or hand held videos. We aren't have great weather for shooting videos or stills (the weather is stuck in perpetual rain and cold--no summer for us yet in the NW). I like this camera, it's not bad for a rugged point and shoot and I'm finally getting videos from bike rides without camera shake. Here's a sample video and a couple of photos (one in macro and one a landscape). Remember, these were all shot on very overcast, rainy days.

[URL]
#91;/URL]
This was shot using the regular macro mode; there's a super macro mode that I've not played with yet.

This one was shot right as rains were moving in, hence all the clouds. (I really wish we'd see sun and warm temps. This weather pattern we're stuck in is depressing. It's also hard to get any decent photos because it's remaining very overcast.)

Last edited by nwmtnbkr; 06-07-10 at 05:38 PM.