View Single Post
Old 06-08-10, 07:58 AM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WillJL
About the Stokemonkey: You're right about the high price! I've justified it to myself by saying that my alternative to spending on the Stokemonkey is purchasing a small truck, insurance, gasoline, a car seat for the kid, etc, which makes about $1500 dollars not seem so bad. Also we live in a really hilly area, so every time I can take care of hauling errands that I couldn't really do with my LHT alone, and that would otherwise need a car, I'll be glad I spent on the 'monkey. By the way, looking at all of your photos on your Flickr page was a real help in deciding on the sizing and handlebar setup for my rig. Thanks!
Ya if you can go carless with a stokemonkey then it pays for itself pretty fast. I've been lucky to always live in relatively flat places so I can pedal my Big Dummy around with a heavy load in a decent range from my house. I also have a truck for work so I have a back up for those situations where I would be maxing out the possibilities of my cargo bike.