View Single Post
Old 06-08-10, 12:46 PM
Fir

Bikes: Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ahh, now I see the connection "the old girl is drawn to water"... "This is my beater / rain bike."

Did you hear the old soviet joke about the giraffe? All the animals shared a joke and had a good laugh. 3 days later giraffe laughed. "I get it now," he said.

How does the ol' gal like the hard water? D'you go studded in winter? My [wife's] Twenty was very happy in the flakes, but I haven't tried the Sports's 26x1&3/8 in the white stuff. Once we get past the ugly stage [between plus 5 and minus 10 - give or take according to solar incidence] and into deep winter, the old gals should be quite happy so long as the tyres are broad enough to be stable and not chase ruts. Motorists appear to experience a paradigm shift when suddenly encountering me on my studded mtn bike at a 4-way intersection. That would be amplified some if I could find 26x1&3/8 carbide studs for my Sports :-)

Nokian claims to make a "Studded Trekking tyre. 100 Steel studs with durable Carbide pin and durable Gumwall casing. 26x1 1/2 40-584 38/38" and a "Studded Balloon tyre. 62 Steel studs with durable Carbide pin and durable Gumwall casing. 26x1 1/2x2 54-584 50/50" hmm...

As for thieves, there is a bit of a mania here for the vintage stuff - but p'raps people'd be thrown off by the drop bars.

Wish I 'ad some bits here you needed.