View Single Post
Old 06-09-10, 07:35 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I had it for the first time last year, I'll be 57 next week. doc told me its difficult to treat because the antibiotics have to be really strong. He gave the the meds and told me to drink a lot and I mean a lot of water till the symptoms eased. I says but doc I can't pee now what about all that water and he told me it would help. He was right the water made me go more initially and helped improve the flow as the meds did their trick to eliminate the infection, mine was actually a combination of bladder and prostatitis so the double whammy was really fun. I haven't had a bad flare up since but I try to drink lot of water so that helps I think too. I ride a Brooks B-17 and I usually ride two or three days and then off a day or so until I work up my stamina in the spring after not commuting much in the winter.