View Single Post
Old 06-11-10, 01:51 AM
mraceebb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Paul Canti Pivot Sleeves Stuck

Need some repair help with something I haven't seen before. I was at a friends house helping him work on setting up his Miyata 1000 with some more modern parts. He had started putting on some paul touring cantis but it looked like the bike was originally made for 700's so they didn't quite reach right. He put them on about a month ago, has been super busy, and so today we went to take them off and put on some tektro cr720s.

When we took off the paul brakes, we found that the pivot sleeve was stuck on both of the canti-bosses. We tried pulling them off with hands, pliers and wrapped in a towel, and then just some pliers, but neither one would budge. There's also very little to grab. I did a google search but couldn't find anyone talking about something similar happening. It's just a sleeve, so I am surprised that it is so stuck on both sides. He said he's pretty sure he greased the posts (he's pretty good on that kinda stuff) and I imagine that the bosses and posts are steel, so seizing would be somewhat unlikely.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove these. I am inlcuding a pic of the sleeves stuck on the bosses, and then one pic of what the sleeves look like when not on the bike.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.