Old 06-11-10, 02:21 AM
snafu21

Bikes: None.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by giskard
But isn't the thudbuster seatpost the same overall length as the regular Dahon seatpost?

I've no idea. Hence the question mark. Have you Googled it?

"So basically there's no workaround to my bike being too small for me?"

So basically, you're jumping to emotive unscientific conclusions and asking us to unscientifically agree with you. Do you work in finance?

Res ipsa loquiter: 1) There's no work around to you having a 35" inseam other than surgery. 2) If you extend the seat post further than the maximum extension mark, or extend it mechanically, there's a risk of write-off damage to the bike frame, with plenty of evidence on here and the Dahon forum to support it.

Dahon's specs for the rider are: Height: 142 - 193 cm (4'8" - 6'4") weight; 105 kg (230 lb). Inside leg and height and not always closely related.

There are 3rd party extenders here: http://www.gaerlan.com/dahon/misc.htm

The maximum distance from saddle to pedal on the Mu is 37" although you say your inseam is 35" . What's your actual inside leg measured in your cycling socks & shoes? Place a book spine FIRMLY upwards, in your most sensitive bifurcation, and mark the top of the spine on a wall behind you. Stand on a firm surface, not carpet. You're also likely to be slightly taller in the morning, than the evening and you probably pedal on the balls of your feet adding a half an inch or more to measured inside-leg . Shoes and socks can add 1.5" - 3.8 cms to inside leg.

Then decide if you are too tall for the bike. It may just be that your shoes are too thick.

Last edited by snafu21; 06-11-10 at 03:55 AM.