Old 06-11-10, 09:51 PM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
What a Difference

Took the new bike out day (Giant Seek 1). Been out a few times on it now but today i go a new seat so i could go further without as much pain.

Found out i aint strong enuff YET to pull top speed in top gear on my new bike (on my mountain bike 42km/hr was tops in top gear at decent pedal speed) ON the new bike with a slight downhill i was able to hit 45km/hr BUT shifting to top gear actually slowed me a bit as i just did not have the muscle in me to spin it any faster.

BUT although top speed Aint much difference my average speed has risen by 9km/hr and climbing hills i aint droping as many gears. The bike is just SO much easier to get going down the road. BUT my god do ya take a beating on bumps compared to the mountain bike with its front suspension. Glad i have both now though.

Oh and hydrulic disk brakes are AWESOME. Lady did not see me and pulled out in front of me. I was easily able to stop in time (i am sure i could have done the same with my v-braked mountain bike but would have needed much more preasure on the grips).

New bike

Mountain and hybrid togeather