View Single Post
Old 06-12-10, 11:33 AM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cycle_maven
The original cantis on some 210's were pretty good about that- they have a slot that is about right for 27" when the pad is at the top of the slot, and about right for 700c at the bottom of the slot.

Failing that, some folks have had some success with the Tektro CR720's (but others have had less) in changing to 700c wheels. Shimano Altus CT91 is also a possible choice, a better choice IMO. Check out this thread: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=578138
This is exactly what I found to my very pleasant surprise on the said 1984 610 in my above post. Another friend of mine found that he had no problems with the original deores on his 1981 1000. I wonder if miyata did this on purpose or if it was just because the most power can be realized when the lever arm is at its longest. Either way I have was more than happy with the braking power with kool-stop brakes that I was able to achieve on the 610.