Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by magohn
1. As a Clyde, do I really need to hear "on your left" from every rider in a "pace line" that whooshes passed me? I understand an individual, but it gets a little irritating for 1000+ riders to pass you and every time have to hear "on your left"
Each ride was more than likely an individual, better safe than sorry. I call out to alert others of my presence for my own safety. It's the one time you don't call out, the other rider drifts into you or is startled poopless, then they get upset!

- it was constant and irritating when a little tired.
Remember, you are on an organized ride and it aint their fault you are tired. IF you want to ride alone, don't join the event.

2. The finish line did not exist - just a "photo-op" type finish line erected off to one-side. We weren't sure if we had finished or not.
How much did you pay to join? Some of the small rides out here can be lacking in the deco dept. Usually the $100 events are much better, I think they pay for spectators to clap for you when you cross the line!

4. $6-8 hot dogs at the finish line and no competition
Again, how much did you pay? The bigger more expensive rides include a post ride meal or BBQ at the end.