Thread: RtR Day 3
View Single Post
Old 06-15-10, 04:26 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
RtR Day 3

We are in Ouray today. It is a neat small town that is in a canyon. Our group of 2000 has taken over the place. They spray water on the canyon wall in the winter for ice climbing-I'll stick to cycling!

Today was shortish at 67 miles but it was basically uphill the entire way. It was a constant 2 per cent grade which meant you never got a break from pedaling. I was ready to finish today's segment as it was tougher than expected.

I finally got some decent pics while riding. I hope they turn out okay.

Tomorrow will be a tough day. We're at 7500 ft and have 3 climbs up to 11,000 ft the first 39 miles. However, past that point it's mostly dowhill to Durango for the full 75 miles. I'm already looking forward to getting past that last climb.

I have yet to use my easiest gear but am anticipating it will get a really good workout tomorrow as I can tell I've ridden for 3 days.

I'm hoping to sleep better tonight. It got pretty chilly last night. Hopefully I'll be better prepared tonight.

I meant to mention that we rode on I70 for several miles yesterday. I think that was a first for me. I didn't win any races with trucks though.