View Single Post
Old 06-15-10, 08:59 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
well, if you can drive to the ride, id recommend driving to mazama, then riding up towards Hart Pass and Slate Peak a little bit later in the season if you want views from the road. highest road in the state is to the top of slate peak if im not mistaken. its real good up there, you can ride down to some mining ruins and almost get to canada there. i forget the name of the ghost town there, chancellor?

this trips best as a weekender.

a little got burnt a few years back but id suspect you can still camp at the hart pass CG, i think i have been there since the burn. it missed some of the CG.

I'd get thee to Stevens Pass. Ride over top of nason ridge and descent into Lake Wenatchee. good dirt to the lake. on the way back, have one of your buddies drive the car down from the pass and have them meet you at the end of the old cascade road. on the descent, one of the most pleasant roads without a view i have found is the old cascade highway from near the summit to the end of the old cascade road below deception falls... swoopy, lush.

Mountain loop highway is great too.

so is the quilcene crossover.

four classic rides with gravel in the cascades.

a lof of these rides are recorded at in my youtube videos. haven't got video from slate peak, maybe this summer.

Last edited by Bekologist; 06-15-10 at 09:07 PM.