View Single Post
Old 06-15-10, 11:43 PM
Fasteryoufool

Bikes: 2016 Giant Escape, Univega Viva Sport, Centurion Sport DLX, Trek 420, Schwinn Sierra, Schwinn Hurricane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I'll give you a little counter-rant, Faster. (Or should I call you Mr. Fool?) I don't hate Priuses more than any other car, but we don't have many of them here in Michigan. I do know what you mean about self-righteous greenies and sometimes they get my goat too. (Of course one poster here has called me that many times, and usually tacks on something about my high horse.) I wish more places had bike racks, but I've learned to get by without them. As for fast food, I like it. For me, eating it only once a month keeps it tasting good, and an hour long bike ride helps to lighten the heavy feeling that you were talking about.

Unemployment has been bad here too. I hope they keep on giving the extensions until the rate has dropped a lot. You're lucky to be carfree. A lot of people are having trouble keeping the repo man away when they lose their job.

Welcome to the carfree forum. You have a cool Will Rogers style about you.
Most people (on other forums) call me Faster or FYF.

I didn't consciously stop eating fast food, I just sort of drifted away from it. I prefer to eat at home. After a while, I was in a pinch, ate at one of the major national chains, and felt horrible for hours afterward.

Pretty much the same thing happened with soda. I just sort of... fell out of the habit of drinking it. Tried a Coke a couple of weeks ago, it just tasted weird.

But I still love my coffee and beer.

Thanks for the welcome.