View Single Post
Old 06-20-10, 10:53 AM
callmeclemens

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alright so the bike got here on Saturday and was assembled and here's my experience so far.
The bike order was the Windsor Clockwork

First of it got here four days after ordering which was great, and it great shape.
My first problem was they say this bike comes 90%assembled, and thats really not true, for instance the brakes were attached the the bike (ish) but not actually connected, and the chain and crank were assembled as was the rear wheel, however it looked nice and was put together in around an hour, so I'll just let them say that welding is part of the assembly.
I had debated taking the bike to the LBS to get put together how ever between myself ( a certified ford technician) and my dad a former Kent bike assembler I thought we be fine for the most part, and we were. The actual parts assembled by BD needed to be tighted of all together just redone, though in their defence after purchasing I did recieve an email forwarning that may be the case.
So after the assembly we went and tighted or fixed all the assembled parts and it was done.

Now for the first ride. I decided to do a five mile route mostly flat but with one challenging and one not so challenging hill. the bike really does ride beautifully and smooth, it took the intermediate hill like a champ, though tougher than I had thought. however on the bigger hill it hit me that I had failed to check and tighted the pre assembled rear wheel and about 15 feet up it became uncentered and pressed against the rear fork. no biggie easy fix. Road like a champ the rest of the way.

Sorry for the long windedness of this post, I just though I'd try to give a scatter brain and informative telling of a bikes Direct Bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
downsized_0620001214..jpg (35.8 KB, 16 views)