View Single Post
Old 06-20-10, 08:24 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I appreciate all posts that have been put forth. In this case I see what the chart says. I saw it before I became familiar with Garmin's inconsistent use of terminology and inaccurate/incomplete documentation. My original question in this thread was really pointed to finding out what can actually be done with a 500.

The item: "Courses (compete against previous activities" seems to say that a person could download a course from something like "mapmyride". Also, some have said that once a course is online through Garmin Connect or another site it can be downloaded and used in the 500. Comments like " My buddies and I took a wrong turn on a recent metric century ride, and I was able to use the Garmin to find our way back to the course without any difficulty." are unclear just how they did that.

Definition: The big difference between a Course and a Route is that map. If I'm following a Course I could be riding the exact same track as a person following a Route except I wouldn't know from the GPS what the street names were.

Did they use a Course that had been downloaded into the 500 and just backtrack? If not how?

I'm trying to penetrate the confusion generated by Garmin to determine just what users have found can actually be done. Can a user download a course from an internet site and then ride that course. The chart seems to say a user can do exactly that. Especially since a person can upload to the internet.

Last edited by ModeratedUser150120149; 06-20-10 at 08:27 PM.