View Single Post
Old 06-23-10, 07:49 AM
freefallkev

Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara, Trek 520, Trek Earl, Nashbar Hounder, Ciocc (name unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
MREs are heavy, and they are designed to make you constipated. I would go with purchased food only.
That's the plan for most of my meals, I'm only carrying about 4000kcal of MREs because being stranded without food really, really sucks

350 miles is just a little under the distance of a 600k brevet. Time limit for a 600k is 40 hours, and that's pretty slow. Get riding.
Thanks for the motivation!

I don't really know what you want from us, if you were staying in hotels, 120 a day is no problem. Camping makes it more of a stretch. Finding a place to camp is a chore, and you have to make and break camp. That's why they say 50 miles, it takes 3+ hours a day just for the mechanics of camping.
Moral support and encouragement I guess? Advice or pointers from those who are more experienced? I don't question your knowledge or experience, but "camp" won't be that in depth for me, and I can't possibly see taking 3 hours to set up and break camp.

You will probably have a headwind, so it might not be all that pleasant.

I like credit card touring, lightweight, ride long distances, flop in a hotel at the end of the day. It might not be out of the question to do 175 miles per day if you did that.
I like the idea of credit card touring, but after my recent divorce, my credit's already pretty shot

Thanks for the input!