Old 06-24-10, 01:07 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by ShinyBiker
I'd like to hear from others that have actually gone the Ratuken route. There's some neat bikes that you never see in the U.S (esp minivelos). Thanks to the OP for pointing out those links. What did you pay (incl ship)? Satisfaction with purchase? Any hangups?
So far this has just been a trial for me. I ordered several small items, altogether from 3 vendors. I expected one shipment by Rakuten. Instead Rakuten just forwarded respective portions of the order to the vendors, each of whom were supposed to ship directly to me. Two of the vendors declined to ship abroad, but the third did. While I was able to place the order in English, all communication that came in thereafter from Rakuten and the vendors was in Japanese. With shipping included, I paid something like $28 for a basket rain cover, which has been fine with me, because the cover is very sturdy and fits my basket well. In the future, I am going to order from this one vendor (Dandelion or something) and build up larger orders.