Old 06-24-10, 01:12 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I rode MTB's for 16 years and if anyone was not going road- it was me.

Then one day I wandered into the LBS and there was a brand new- first the shop had- Giant SCR3. (the new OCR3 to you) Sat on it- looked at it- tried the next size up in the old model OCR and bought it. It was such a pretty bike and as my first foray into riding with my head between my knees- it was cheap. The MTB didn't get out much but 6 months later and I nearly went back to MTB's The drop position was not comfortable- the size was wrong and it did not go. Practiced the drop position- got better wheels- adjusted the ride position so be more comfortable and 6 months later bought my first decent road bike. 6 months later my second one to replace the OCR as it definitely was the wrong size.

Road bikes are different and if you have been on Hybrids or MTB's for a long time- they will take a lot of adjusting to. But when you get used to them- have it fitting right and they start giving enjoyment- You will not go back. Although my little foray on the Tandem last weekend has made me realise how much fun offroad is.

But your Sirrus is one of the bikes I would recommend to anyone. They ride well. But it does cause a problem in that you start associating with the wrong type of people. They are normally younger than you- slimmer (A lot slimmer except for the legs) and they wear this fantastic cycling clothing. They then tell you that they are wearing Club colours and they invite you along to a meeting. Then "We have a gentle ride on Sunday- do you want to come with us?"

Just one word of warning- Take the visor off the helmet before you ride with them- you will need all the aerodynamic assistance you can get.

Spike Milligan