View Single Post
Old 06-25-10, 12:09 PM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
A convert

Many of you speak very highly of bib style shorts, And now I know why. I got a pair of the house brand from aerotechdesigns for Fathers Day, and was able to take them for a test ride yesterday. They are the most comforable cycling shorts I have ever worn, ever. The down side was that it kind of restricted the cooling air flow under my shirt, due ofcourse to the bib design. But the rest was about as perfect as you can expect. So comforable in fact, that at times it felt like I wasn't wearing pants at all! The fit, fabric, design, and the chamios where all spot on. The waistband didn't roll, or bunch, and I didn't get that exposed lower back feeling. But it will take a little geting used to the feel of the shoulder straps, but I attribute that to my sensativity to new, unwashed clothing( I can't wear anything the isn't first washed, dress shirts are torture). After the ride, I walked in the house and my wife asked me how they new shorts where, I simply told her shopping for my birthday present, in July, just got a lot easier, just get me more of these.
If you haven't tried bibs, you owe it to yourself to do so, and the Aerotech brand seem to be pretty good, we'll se how they hold up.
Enjoy the ride.