Old 06-26-10, 12:48 PM
Mr. Jim
Bike Nerd

Bikes: mid 80's Fuji Supreme (commuter), LeRun unicycle thingy Raleigh Centrurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I hate google maps!. . .can I get a little help here?

Yesterday I spent a couple hours laying out a nice little 150 mile loop for a three day trip. I was using google maps "bike there" function which actually seemed to work ok in this instance. Recently I had tried to use it to plan a route around downtown Chicago and it was worth less for that. It randomly circled blocks for no reason etc, ended up getting an old fashioned paper map out and doing it old school.

So I get done, stops all bookmarked, route and mileage, set. I save the map, ok cool. I then go and continue my search for a decent camping site for day two. Find one, go back to my map, IT"S NOT THERE! It saved my title and description but popped up a map of the whole U.S. without my carefully laid out route on it.

So undoubtedly as much as I think the thing needs a bit of work, I did something wrong, anyone have any idea as to what i might have done wrong? I'm going to redo my route this evening and don't want to lose it again.

btw route is Pere Marquette railtrail to Reed City Michigan, then down the White pine trail past big rapids and looping back to Midland MI