Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome to Bikeforums.

Originally Posted by tastewar
One of my current topics of interest is commuting. I've been commuting by bike to my work, 16.5 miles each way, once a week and in good weather only (sunny summer days). My current commuter bike is a 1991-ish Specialized Crossroads. It's certainly adequate to the task, but in the nearly 20 years I've had it, it's always felt improperly sized to me. Mostly, I'm riding in a pretty leaned over position, and for a 40-something rider, with a heavy topside, it's not the most comfortable thing for riding 16.5 miles. Hoping that a more comfortable ride will encourage me to do it more often.
A few years ago I was riding 14+ miles one way to work, three days a week. I was 56 at the time. Within 3 months I had lots of loose fitting clothes.
Keep at it and the weight will come off and your riding will be a lot more comfortable.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.